erinburr replied to your post: I think I’m having a comfort food phase.
Please tell me there is a recipe for this magical dish.
filigrees replied to your post: I think I’m having a comfort food phase.
i have no idea what that is but i want it so bad.
mar-see-ah replied to your post: I think I’m having a comfort food phase.
what is impossible cheeseburger pie???
ttssgg replied to your post: I think I’m having a comfort food phase.
Wow, really? My mom used to make this probably once a week! It’s a Bisquick recipe.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)(No. Double this.)
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix (Or generic Bisquick, if it was on sale. Or homemade Bisquick mix, if you’re fancy.)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. (I use a casserole dish, because I usually add twice as much everything.)
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese. (Or, if you’re me, use twice as much cheese and layer it with the ground beef in a casserole dish.)
- In small bowl, stir remaining ingredients with fork or wire whisk until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. (And then broil for a few minutes so the cheese on top is brown and crispy.)